Aquos stone+ Natural Pebble Pool Finish
Aquos stone+ pre-selected pebbles are naturally tumbled for a smooth and comfortable finish. Our blending process gives your pool interior the most consistent finish available with the beauty of added “sparkle”. The specially formulated cement and proprietary ingredients used in Aquos stone+ not only allows its results to be “The most beautiful finish” it’s virtually the most durable pool finish available.
Harold Tapley/ CEO President
The Aquos stone+ Application Process:
Mixing the batch formula – Our unique Aquos stone+ blend is mixed with cement, water, pigment and proprietary additives to create the material that will be applied as your interior pool finish. We follow a specific blend, combining each ingredient to produce a well-balanced material ready for installation.
Pneumatic spray application – The Aquos stone+ mixed formula is then pumped through a hose and the material is pneumatically applied with a sprayer specifically designed to provide even coverage of the finish material.
Hand troweling – Immediately following the spray application of the Aquos stone+ , the installer hand-trowels the material to create a more compacted surface in preparation for exposure. Often times, the applicators wear special shoes with spikes to protect the finish.
Exposing the finish – After the Aquos stone+ has been troweled, the pool is sprayed or wiped with water to expose the pebbles w/glass beads and remove excess cement.
Detail of the finish – After a hardening period, the pebble pool finish will be acid washed and detailed using a special solution to remove any excess residue or film. For the Aquos stone+ finish, the surface is lightly buffed during the cleansing treatment to polish the stones. These treatments enhance the natural beauty of the finish.
Completion – Once your Aquos stone+ pebble pool finish installation process is complete, fill the pool with water, reference your pool care instructions, balance the chemicals and begin swimming!
After the first 28 days, Aquos pools strongly suggests that your pool be maintained per the National Plasterers Council Standards for pH, carbonate alkalinity, hardness, cyanuric acid/stabilizer and total dissolved solids. Visit NPC online at www.npconline.org.
The finish consists of pebbles and cement and will vary in color, shade, consistency and exposure. The color and shade will change throughout the day as the sunlight reflects from different angles.
Aquos stone+ finishes are particularly suited to customers wanting their pools to blend in with a natural setting
An aggregate pool finish that delivers enduring elegance and durability. It is a perfect choice for those desiring a more natural environment for their pool and spa.
- An earthy textured finish comprised of the large & small pebbles in our pool finishes
- Offers a durable, non-slip and stain-resistant surface
- For dazzling brilliance, we add tumbled recycled glass & abalone to our Aquos stone+ pool finish.
Important DOs & DON’Ts:
- DO NOT fill your pool with soft water. If any of your outside hose bibs are soft water please notify your builder/applicator. Soft water may be used AFTER the curing process has taken place.
- DO NOT enter your pool (including pets) until it is completely filled with water and balanced.
- DO NOT chlorinate your pool until water’s pH and carbonate alkalinity are within the acceptable range. Chlorine is highly reactive and high concentrations can cause metals or minerals to precipitate (cloud water, scale and/or stain). A number of retail stores have computerized testing equipment to help you monitor these factors as well as others (cyanuric acid, metals, etc.). Ask your pool builder or applicator for a location near you.
- DO allow time (approx. 28 days) before assessing your final water and finish colors. The start-up and balance will allow the water and finish color to change over this time period.
- DO brush your pool. It is recommended that you brush a pebble pool finish three times a day for the first three days and two times a day for the next ten days. Using a standard, nylon (very important) bristled pool brush. Brush the walls and the floor of the finish toward the main drain. After that, regular maintenance may include brushing the pool approximately once per week, depending on the amount of dust or debris that may fall into the pool.
- DO realize pebbles and/or glass beads will come loose during the curing process (usually in the first few weeks). It is normal to experience a small loss of pebbles and/or glass beads during pool start up.
- DO wait at least 14 days before heating the water and monitor chemical balance more closely after you turn on your heater.
- DO wait at least 28 days before adding salt to the pool, if using a salt water chlorine generator. Salt left on the finish surface may scale, stain, or discolor the finish and is not covered by the warranty.
- Do monitor your water “weekly” for all your recommended tests, as hard water can build up on any surface.
Aquos stone+ “Other Stuff”
Color photos & disclaimer
The Aquos stone+ color photos are provided to show a possible range of hues and intensity levels that the product will cast in most cases. You can expect the color of the water to vary depending on a variety of influences such as the position of the sun, whether the day is sunny or overcast, the pool design, the landscaping around the pool and the pool depth. Water color is subjective and will be unique to the pool and its surroundings.
Product sample images may vary due to variations in natural materials, plastering techniques and pool water chemistry.
Aquos stone+ finishes contain a unique composition of ocean shells that are not guaranteed from long-term breakdown or loss of color due to pool water chemistry.
Due to individual user’s monitor settings, calibrations and lighting sources, we cannot guarantee that the images, watercolors and products on our website and videos will be an exact match to the colors of the finished product.
Aquos pools recommends that you look at a physical sample of our products rather than choosing from the website.
The Aquos stone+ Warranty
A truly durable, beautiful and long-lasting pool finish is comprised of three elements. The first is a quality product. The second is a quality installation. The third is a properly maintained pool.
At Aquos pools we take a proactive approach in each of these three areas AND back it up with a meaningful & honest warranty to protect your finish. You should enjoy a truly durable, beautiful & long-lasting aggregate pool finish.